1. Self Hosting:
A WCF service can be self hosted using console application or windows forms.
- Support all bindings.
- Easy to debug no need to attach separate process
- Flexi to support the life time of binding using Open() and Close method of service.
2. Hosting can be done using Window Service. --
Support all types of bindings
In this type you can debug WCF by attaching the WCF to Client
Difficult to Debug ( need to attach window service to client for debugging)
Need to host on production server
3. Third way is hosting a WCF using IIS but in this support only HTTP binding it does not support Non HTTP Binding.
4. Using Window Activation Services, it supports all types of binding.